This Policy revision is effective as of November 1st, 2018.
· What information about customers does Dinova gather?
· About Cookies
· Does Dinova share information we receive?
· How secure is information about me?
· Which information can I access?
· What options do I have?
· Are Children allowed to use the service?
· EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
· External Websites
· Data Security and Retention
· Contact Information
What information about customers does Dinova Gather?
Dinova provides two services:
Restaurant Search (search.dinova.com and Dinova mobile application): allows users to find Restaurant location that participate in the Dinova Restaurant Network. When users purchase at participating restaurants using the Corporate sponsored credit card, the employer receives a rebate.
myDinova Rewards Program (my.dinova.com): The myDinova program is a rewards program available to employees of companies who participate in the Dinova program. Eligible employees may register to become a participant in myDinova to earn points for purchases made at Eligible Restaurants using the Member’s registered corporate credit card. Members may redeem accumulated points for restaurant gift cards through the myDinova website.
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve the Dinova experience. The types of information we gather include:
· Information You Give Us. If you use our mobile search or web search we use your location information to provide a list of restaurants near you. No Personal Identifiable information is stored or used for the search applications. If you participate in our myDinova rewards program we collect your username, email, first name, last name, last 4 digits of your credit card and in some cases your employee id. Optionally we store your company name, alternate email, and your address information. We also store your email and dining preferences.
· Automatic Information. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. We collect navigational information when you visit our website or use our mobile app. When you browse our website, a “session cookie” is placed on your hard drive by the web server. This cookie tracks your progress through our site and is created as a convenience to save you time. You can change your browser settings to not accept cookies or to prompt you before accepting the cookie. We also collect or use “session data” that is not personally identifiable to you. We use this data for the purpose of website analytics which help us measure such things as how users are navigating our site, the number of visitors who arrive at certain pages, the length/frequency of visits, and the browsers used to access our site. The information is used to improve the experience.
· Dinova Search Mobile App. If you activate the GPS feature on your phone to use the "Nearby" function of our app, your phone's GPS program will use your current location to assist you in finding the nearby restaurants. Our mobile app itself does not collect or store information about your location or any personally identifiable data.
· Anonymous Information. We collect aggregated session data as described in the Automatic Information section above. We may also collect aggregated information about the corporate dining marketplace in general. For example, we may invite our users to complete a survey about their dining/traveling habits, and if you participate, we may share the aggregated results with third parties.
· E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Dinova.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to the list of employees received from your employer, to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your e-mail preferences (MyDinova Participants) and/or click the “unsubscribe” link in the emailed received.
· Payment Information. We do not collect any payment information on our users for our restaurant search application. For the rewards program, to award points, we require the employee’s corporate credit card to be entered as part of signing up for the myDinova rewards program. The credit card number is not stored; it is converted to a unique series of alpha-numeric digits that is encrypted, cannot be reversed and is used to match in-network dining by our proprietary back end system.
· Information from other sources. Your employer submits to Dinova the restaurant transactions paid using your corporate credit card. The information is used to pay a Rebate to your employer for your participation at the Dinova Network restaurant. The information received includes Date, Total Amount, Restaurant Name, Restaurant Location, Authorization Code, Transaction ID, and the last four digits of the credit card.
· Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and your session to provide features such faster login and ease of usage.
· The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer.
· The “session cookie” tracks your progress through our site and is created as a convenience to save you time. When you close your browser, the cookie is deleted.
Does Dinova Share the Information We Receive?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below with controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
· Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing restaurant search results, processing rebates, processing loyalty points and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
· Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Dinova, Inc., assets are acquired, customer information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
· Protection of Dinova and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Dinova, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
· With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How secure is information about me?
· We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using encryption technologies for all information that you input.
· We use the last four digits of your corporate credit card numbers when we invoice restaurants to confirm the dining transactions. We require this to collect the rebate for your employer and to enable us to award you the rewards points when you become a MyDinova participant.
· It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What information can I access?
· Dinova gives you access to all the information we have about your Rewards account, so you can view and update the information you provided.
· You can login to your rewards account at www.dinova.com or my.dinova.com to view and update your information.
What options do I have?
· You can add or update information on pages through your rewards account.
· If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your email preferences OR click the “unsubscribe” link when you receive our e-mail. If you do not want to receive our legal notices, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Dinova, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
· The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Are children allowed to use the service?
· No, Dinova does not provide or sell products or services to children.
· We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children under the age of 13.
· Our Program is targeted to employees of corporations that participate in our Restaurant Rebate Program and are eligible for their employer sponsored credit card program.
EU-US Privacy Shield Framework
Dinova, Inc. (or "We") participate in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland, respectively. We have certified with the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Principles, visit here.
If you have any inquiries or complaints about our handling of your personal data under Privacy Shield, or about our privacy practices generally, please contact us at: email@example.com. We will respond to your inquiry promptly. If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve any complaint relating to the Privacy Shield, or if we fail to acknowledge your complaint in a timely fashion, you can submit your complaint to PrivacyTrust, which provides an independent third-party dispute resolution service based in the United States. PrivacyTrust has committed to respond to complaints and to provide appropriate recourse at no cost to you. To learn more about PrivacyTrust's dispute resolution services or to refer a complaint to PrivacyTrust, visit here. If neither Dinova nor PrivacyTrust resolves your complaint, you may pursue binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Panel, visit here.
As explained here we sometimes provide personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf. If we transfer personal information received under the Privacy Shield to a third party, the third party's access, use, and disclosure of the personal data must also be in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations, and we will remain liable under the Privacy Shield for any failure to do so by the third party unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
You can review our Privacy Shield registration here. Dinova, Inc. is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle under the Privacy Shield in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Our website includes links to social media sites or other external sites. We do not control and are not responsible for the content or practices of these other websites. Our provision of these links does not constitute endorsement of these sites, their content, owners, policies or practices. They are each subject to their own privacy and usage policies.
Data Security and Retention
We use our best efforts to ensure your privacy, including restricting access to your personal information to those individuals within our company who need to know that information to operate, manage, or expand our dining network. We screen all job applicants thoroughly and provide security awareness training to our staff.
We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. We secure the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secured environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
We retain personal information you provide as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about the program in accordance with your opt-in preferences as outlined elsewhere in this policy. If you request to be removed from our network or opt out of communications from us, we will securely delete your information accordingly.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact the Dinova Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send your query or comments to:
Attn: Dinova Privacy Office
6455 E Johns Crossing
Johns Creek, GA30097