Contact: heather Thompson, Public relations manager, AT 678-684-2257
Business Dining Marketplace Surpasses $7 Billion in Spend
Atlanta (February 28, 2018) – Dinova, Inc., a business dining marketplace, is celebrating another year of positive growth with the release of its 2017 results. Significantly, Dinova reports that its annual business dining spend under management surpassed $7 billion in 2017, a milestone for the nine-year-old startup. This increase comes on the heels of a great fourth quarter, in which overall spending through the company’s marketplace increased 24% over Q4 2016. For the year, the number of transactions in the entire Dinova marketplace increased by 22% compared to FY2016.
Business dining is the third largest travel and entertainment expense category for enterprise and small to medium sized businesses, and it’s the most undermanaged. Dinova companies seek to harness this expense category by participating in the program. Aptly, in Q4 2017, Dinova’s enterprise accounts saw a 17% increase in marketplace spend and participating restaurants saw a 6% increase in average check size.
While the restaurant industry at large saw little growth in the first 3 quarters of 2017 and a small uptick at the end of the year, it still wasn’t a good year overall. In contrast, Dinova partner restaurants saw increased traffic throughout the year from a 20% increase in marketplace spend. This boost is a product of continued adoption of Dinova’s program among corporations, and giving restaurants access to proprietary channels that would otherwise not be available.
“Surpassing $7 billion in annual business dining spend influence is tremendously exciting for us,” said Vic Macchio, CEO and founder of Dinova. “In this $60 billion industry, we are confident that our marketplace – and our ability to shine a spotlight on the value of business dining – will only continue to grow.”
Business Dining Experience Gets Boost with New Dinova App
Atlanta (February 13, 2018) – Dinova, Inc., a business dining marketplace, launched a new version of its app and web search today. Capitalizing on its one-of-a-kind user base, Dinova’s online and mobile experience provide restaurants and business diners with direct access to one another through a proprietary channel that otherwise doesn’t exist. The new app and web search give users access to state-of-the-art technology that enhances usefulness and content.
In early 2017, Dinova brought in Chief Technology Officer Danny Davis as part of its renewed focus on improving the digital user experience. Davis’ team was tasked with creating a unique dining interface that allows business diners to explore the more than 14,000 restaurant locations in Dinova’s marketplace.
“The new Dinova app creates a user experience that allows business diners to search for any cuisine type in any market at any time,” says Davis. “We’ve included a dynamic search radius that will always have dining options readily available no matter where the user is located. The app also gives users access to online ordering and catering at many of our 14,000 restaurant locations nationwide.”
Considering the unique use cases of business diners across the entire industry, the new app offers a robust keyword search, quick access to catering and private dining options, and provides information on special dietary offerings from each restaurant. These features are also accessible on Dinova’s web search as another user access point – their desktop – when planning trips, in-office catering or client meals.
“As a technology-enabled marketplace, we are beyond excited about this app and how it enables a new generation of corporate and small business users,” says Vic Macchio, CEO and founder of Dinova. “Having a better online and mobile experience will give all of our participating restaurants more exposure, while giving our diners an easier way to find the best option in his or her selected area.”
Dinova’s new app is available in the Android and iPhone app stores.
Newk’s Eatery Becomes Latest National Brand to Join Dinova Marketplace
Atlanta (January 9, 2018) – Dinova, Inc., the only innovative proprietary marketplace exclusively focused on connecting business diners to restaurants nationwide, announced today that Newk’s Eatery has joined its exclusive business dining marketplace.
Award-winning Newk’s Eatery offers grilled and tossed salads, grilled and toasted sandwiches, kettle-batch soups and handcrafted pizzas, each made with premium ingredients such as sushi-grade ahi tuna, tenderloin steak, Atlantic salmon, imported cheeses, scratch-made sauces and dressings, and fresh-brewed Rainforest Alliance Certified iced teas. The brand is often heralded for its something-for-everyone culinary-driven menu, elevated fast casual experience, and selection of indulgent 12-layer cakes, baked fresh in Newk’s very own bakery.
“Dinova enables Newk’s Eatery to grow its relationship with expense account diners, which is especially important in a traffic-challenged environment,” said Stewart Slocum, CMO of the 120-restaurant Newk’s Eatery brand. “Partnership with Dinova grows not only dine-in traffic with business diners but also catering, to go, gift card and gifting business lines."
“What a great kick-off to 2018 with the addition of Newk’s Eatery to the Dinova marketplace,” said Vic Macchio, CEO and founder of Dinova. “Whether you’re on the go, catering or eating in, our marketplace has the perfect restaurant option for business diners across the nation.”
With the start of the new year, Dinova continues to add increasingly diverse restaurant concepts to its more than 14,000 locations nationwide. The addition of Newk’s Eatery and its 120 locations is just one indicator of the substantial growth Dinova will achieve in 2018.
Dinova in the News
Dinova, Inc., the only innovative proprietary marketplace exclusively focused on connecting business diners to restaurants nationwide, announced that Newk’s Eatery has joined its exclusive business dining marketplace. Read more...
- Dinova is the only company providing an innovative, proprietary marketplace exclusively focused on connecting expense account diners to quality restaurants nationwide
- By definition, “business dining” means any meal on a business corporate credit card that can be expensed, including meals purchased during business travel, food for company meetings and events, client entertainment, catering for internal department meetings, and corporate private dining
- Dinova currently influences more than $7 billion in annual business dining spend
- Dinova was founded in 2009 by CEO Vic Macchio (Mack-ē-oh)
- Currently, Dinova has 14,000+ restaurant partners across the United States and growing
- Restaurant segments included in the Dinova marketplace range from quick service, fast casual, casual, polished casual, fine dining, to delis and cafés. These restaurants encompass national and regional brands, large restaurant groups, and award winning independents
- Companies that participate in Dinova’s marketplace range from small to medium sized businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises
- Dinova has an easy-to-use mobile app that allows business diners to locate in-network restaurants while in town or on the road
- Dinova employs individuals from all over the United States, and has its corporate headquarters in the Metro-Atlanta area
- Dinova has won multiple awards in 2017, including the Technology Association of Georgia’s Top 40 Innovative Technology Company, Atlanta Business Chronicle Pacesetter, the ACG Georgia Fast 40 and a finalist of the Technology Association of Georgia’s SSA Impact Awards
- Dinova received a $40 million investment from Frontier Capital in May 2017